MFM is looking for a Market Manager
Midtown Farmers Market, a program of the Corcoran Neighborhood Organization
Reports to: Executive Director
Corcoran Neighborhood Organization (CNO) is accepting applications for the Market Manager position.
The Market Manager is the go-to person responsible for the overall administration and management of the Midtown Farmers Market, including personnel and financial oversight, fundraising, promotion, and general operations. The Market Manager provides leadership by staying abreast of current opportunities, challenges, relationships, and advancements in the community and in the local food sector, and uses this information and these connections to bring recommendations and informed guidance to the board of directors through its Market Advisory Committee. S/he also uses these connections and insights to position the Market as a leader in the local food sector and acts as spokesperson for the Market and its values. The Market Manager supports and supervises the work of other staff and volunteers as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Community Engagement and Promotions
- Recruit and manage vendors and community resources.
- Work with the Assistant Manager and Advisory Committee to maintain a strong presence in the local community by marketing and promoting the market through local print and online publications and social media outlets in order to attract a strong and diverse customer base to the market each week.
- Operate and promote the EBT/ SNAP program
- Assist with social media and general outreach to promote the market.
- Personnel and Volunteer Management
- Hire, train, supervise and review all seasonal market staff, including the Assistant Manager, volunteers, etc.
- Delegate market related tasks to Assistant Manager as needed.
- Work with the Advisory Committee to plan and administer annual goals and activities for the group in order to support market staff in market fundraising, promotions, event planning, volunteer recruitment and community outreach.
- Actively and continually recruit new Advisory Committee members, including co-chairs.
- Work with Assistant Manager and the Advisory Committee to recruit and maintain an active and engaged volunteer base to help with market operations and events.
- Operations and Vendor Management
- Work with the Assistant Manager to ensure the smooth and effective operations of weekly Tuesday and Saturday markets.
- Coordinate vendor parking and set-up, ensuring vendors are in the correct space
- Fulfill all necessary duties of a market manager set forth by the City of Minneapolis and comply with all city and state regulations and requirements of a farmers market.
- Schedule and execute weekly market events, entertainment, community tables with the help of the Assistant Manager to create and maintain a strong level of community participation and engagement.
- Recruit and retain a diverse and attractive mix of all types of vendors. Ensure the market maintains strong and mutually beneficial relationships with vendor base.
- Act as liaison between the market vendors and the Board of Directors; provide update to be shared with board.
- Resolve minor disputes on site by mutual agreement of the parties involved.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Financial Management
- Meet monthly and annual budgeted goals for all primary income sources including: vendor fees, sponsorships, individual donations, foundation grants and events income.
- Actively manage income and expenses and ensure the market is in good financial standing. Review and present monthly financial statements to the Advisory Committee and be able to answer any questions about the finances of the market.
- One year networking with different community resources and agencies
- Degree preferred (but not required)
- Bilingual capability in English and Spanish / Hmong / Somali preferred
About Corcoran Neighborhood Organization:
Founded in 1975, Corcoran Neighborhood Organization unites neighbors to strengthen our community. We envision Corcoran as a place that fosters leadership, engagement, and a sense of belonging. The Corcoran neighborhood is situated in the heart of South Minneapolis and is bounded by East Lake Street to the north, East 36th Street to the south, Hiawatha Avenue to the east, and Cedar Avenue to the west.
Salary and Benefits:
Our target salary range is between $27,000 and $33,000. CNO offers generous benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance and significant paid time off.
To apply, please submit a resume/CV and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be reviewed by the search committee after August 24, 2018.